Testosterone is a hormone produced by the human body. It’s mainly produced in men by the testicles. Testosterone affects a man’s appearance and sexual development. It stimulates sperm production as well as a man’s sex drive. It also helps build muscle and bone mass.
AMR Norfolk is now seeking eligible participants for our active low testosterone study. This study is a randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial that will assess the efficacy of a topical testosterone replacement medication in symptomatic hypogonadal (low testosterone) men with increased risk of cardiovascular disease. This study is approved by the FDA in the United States verses a placebo.
- Age 18 years or older
- Meet the study definition of hypogonadism Men, between 45 and 80 years of age
- Have pre-existing cardiovascular diseases (Coronary Artery Disease, Peripheral Artery Disease, etc.)
- Willing to adhere to the time and compliance requirements. Participation in this study is voluntary, and you can leave the study at any time.
If Qualified and you participate you will receive:
- All study-related medical exams, lab tests, investigational medication or placebo at no cost.
- Compensation for time and travel.
- Insurance is not required.
Take the next step, call us at (757) 627-6798 and ask for the enrollment team, better yet, fill out the brief contact form, and we will call you! This will help us determine if you meet some of the initial criteria necessary to participate. We will contact you within 48 hours to follow-up and clarify any questions that you, or we, may have. The information you provide is entered in our secure, password protected database which can only be accessed by authorized AMR Norfolk personnel, unless given your permission or except as required by law. Provided information will only be used to contact you to tell you more about this and any future study. Your contact information will remain within our database indefinitely unless otherwise requested.