- Chikungunya virus is an arthropod-borne alphavirus of the family Togaviridae. In 1952 to 1953 the first outbreak was reported in Tanzania, this disease has been endemic in Africa and parts of Asia with transmission to humans occurring through Aedes aegypti and more recently via Aedes albopictus mosquitoes. Although mosquitoes are the primary mode of transmission of CHIKV, blood-borne transmission via needle stick is possible. CHIKV will cause high fever, rash, gastrointestinal complications, headache, muscle pain, nausea, fatigue, myalgia, and joint pain. This is a phase 3 randomized, placebo-controlled trial with four treatment groups. Each subject will be randomized within three age categories (ages 12 to <18, 18 to <46, and 46 to <65) to receive one of three consecutively manufactured lots of PXVX0317 or placebo.
- Be 12 years to <65 years of age.
- Generally healthy, in the opinion of the investigator, based on medical history, physical examination, and screening laboratory assessments.
If Qualified and you participate you will receive:
- All study-related medical exams, lab tests, investigational medication or placebo at no cost.
- Compensation for time and travel.
- Insurance is not required.
If you are interested in participating in this study, please fill out the form to the right. This will help us determine if you meet some of the initial criteria necessary to participate. We will contact you within 48 hours (about 2 days) to follow-up and clarify any questions that you, or we, may have. The information you provide is entered into our secure, password protected database which can only be accessed by authorized AMR Norfolk personnel, unless given your permission or except as required by law. Provided information will only be used to contact you to tell you more about this and any future study. Your contact information will remain within our database indefinitely unless otherwise requested.
Take the next step, call us at (757) 627-6798 and ask for the Asthma enrollment team, better yet, fill out the brief contact form, and we will call you!