Celiac Cessation Study
Celiac disease is a serious autoimmune disease that occurs in genetically predisposed people where the ingestion of gluten leads to damage in the small intestine. It is estimated to affect 1 in 100 people worldwide. Two and one-half million Americans are undiagnosed and are at risk for long-term health complications.
AMR Norfolk is now seeking eligible participants for our active Celiac study. This study is a randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial that will assess the efficacy of a planned diet.
- Age 18 years or older
- Has a body mass index (BMI) between 16 and 45, inclusive
- Subject has a diagnosis of celiac disease made greater than or equal to 6 months before study
- Have an uncontrolled thyroid disease
- Willing to adhere to the time and compliance requirements. Participation in this study is voluntary, and you can leave the study at any time.
If Qualified and you participate you will receive:
- All study-related medical exams, lab tests, investigational medication or placebo at no cost.
- Compensation for time and travel.
- Insurance is not required.
Take the next step, call us at (757) 627-6798 and ask for the enrollment team, better yet, fill out the brief contact form, and we will call you! This will help us determine if you meet some of the initial criteria necessary to participate. We will contact you within 48 hours to follow-up and clarify any questions that you, or we, may have. The information you provide is entered in our secure, password protected database which can only be accessed by authorized AMR Norfolk personnel, unless given your permission or except as required by law. Provided information will only be used to contact you to tell you more about this and any future study. Your contact information will remain within our database indefinitely unless otherwise requested.