Asthma is a condition in which a person's airways become inflamed, narrow and swell, and produce extra mucus, which makes it difficult to breathe. Asthma can be minor or it can interfere with daily activities. In some cases, it may lead to a life-threatening attack. Asthma may cause difficulty breathing, chest pain, cough, and wheezing. The symptoms may sometimes flare-up.
The Doctors at AMR Norfolk are enrolling for a clinical trial to test the effectiveness of an investigational metered does inhaler in asthmatic patients.
- Are between the ages of 18 and 75
- Have been diagnosed and have an established clinical history of poorly controlled or uncontrolled moderate asthma
- Have been continually using inhaled corticosteroids for at least the past 4 weeks (consult our study team when you call, certain corticosteroids such as Prednisone are not allowed)
- Are a non-smoker, or have not smoked for at least one year
If Qualified and you participate you will receive:
- Study Medication at no cost
- Treatment by our Physician and Asthma study team
- Lab work and any required tests at no cost
- Insurance is not required
- Eligible participants in the study will receive reimbursement for time and travel up to $375.00
Take the next step, call us at (757) 627-6798 and ask for the Asthma enrollment team, better yet, fill out the brief contact form, and we will call you!