- Here at AMR Norfolk , we’re dedicated to providing you the most professional, friendly, and efficient service possible. Our mission statement, shown below, embodies the attitude we strive to bring to every interaction we take part in.
- AMR Norfolk is a multispecialty investigative site is conveniently located in the Halifax Building at 6161 Kempsville Road near the cross roads of Interstates 264/64. Our ability to provide quality research is the principle upon which Clinical Research Associates of Tidewater was built. We are recognized by the industry for our experience and commitment towards meeting the challenges of research development with visions and goals for future advancement.
- AMR/Norfolk was founded in 1983 by the late Duane Wombolt MD. Our medical staff include Drs. Kimberly Ellis DO who is a graduate of Nova Southeastern University – College of Osteopathic Medicine and Mary Bailey MD who is a graduate of University of Oklahoma – College of Medicine. Both physicians are experienced clinical investigators and have conducted various phases of clinical research trials. Areas of expertise include: Allergy, Cardiology, Dermatology, Hematology, Endocrinology/Metabolic, Gastroenterology, Healthy Volunteers, Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine, Men’s Health, Nephrology, Neurology, Orthopedics, Pulmonology, Rheumatology, Smoking/Smoking Cessation, Vaccines, and Women’s Health.
- Our research staff is comprised of experienced Certified Research Coordinators who have over 63 combined years of research experience. If you are a physician and are interested in clinical research, give us a call and we will be glad to talk with you and your staff.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
If you have any questions about this Notice of Privacy Practices, please contact our Privacy Officer: Edith M. Wombolt 400 Gresham Drive, 402 Medical Tower Norfolk, VA 23507 Phone: (757) 627-7446 Fax: (757) 624-1121 This is a summary of our Notice of Privacy Practices. Please review the full Notice of Privacy Practices located in the document holder noted below.
Your Rights: You have the right to:
- Get a copy of your paper or electronic medical record
- Correct your paper or electronic medical record
- Request confidential communications
- Ask us to limit the information we share
- Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared your information
- Get a copy of our full Notice of Privacy Practices
- Choose someone to act for you
- File a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated
Your Choices: You have some choices in how we use and share information as we:
- Tell family and friends about your condition
- Provide disaster relief
- Provide mental health care
- Market our services and sell your information
- Engage in fundraising activities
Our Uses and Disclosures: We may use and share your information as we:
- Manage your care
- Run our organization
- Bill for your services
- Help with public health and safety issues
- Do research
- Comply with the law
- Respond to organ and tissue donation requests
- Work with a medical examiner or funeral director
- Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
- Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
Our Programs & Certifications
- American Heart Association Certification for Standards and Techniques of Blood Pressure Measurements
- IATA trained staff for the shipment of hazardous materials
- Comprehensive SOPs
- CLIA waived laboratory
- Certificate for certified provider-performed microscopy procedures
- Certified Principal Investigator (CPI)
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinators
- Certified Smoke Cessation Coordinators
- All staff CPR certified
- NIH certified staff
- Federalwide Assurance Number (FWA)
- GDUFA Self-Identified
Our site is clean and inviting, and we’re constantly adding new equipment and work spaces to provide the most optimal research experience possible. Please take a moment to look through the below pictures to see what we have to offer.
Our Research Staff
In addition to our two physician investigators, our staff includes:
- One research practitioner
- Business development director
- General and office managers
- Five research coordinators
- Three research assistants
- Subject recruiter
- Regulatory document specialist
- Administrative assistant
- Strategic advisor
- An extensive network of multi-therapeutic investigators with practices in Allergy, Cardiology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Immunology, Internal Medicine, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Podiatry, and Psychiatry/Psychology
- Diabetic Educator
- Registered Dietician
Those who are eligible are ACRP certified and together, they have over 80 years combined Research Experience!!!!!